At The Clover School it is our intention to make the school accessible to children and their families from. We aim to ensure that all sections of our community have access to the school through open, fair and clearly communicated procedures.
- The Clover School will register a maximum of 20 children in any one environment, between the ages of 2 and 6 years.
- The school timings for the early years are between 9.00 am – 12.15 pm with flexibility for each child, if needed.
- Children will not be refused on the grounds of race, gender, religion or physical disability.
- The early years age groups comprise of:
- Play group: 1 year 8 months– 2 years 4 months
- Pre Nursery: 2 years 5 months – 3 years 4 months
- Nursery: 3 years 5 months – 4 years 4 months
- Prep: 4 years 5 months – 5 years 4 months
- Our intention is to have the admissions open throughout the year.
- We are flexible about the attendance pattern to accommodate the needs of individual children and their families, provided these do not disrupt the pattern of continuity in the setting which is a source of stability for all the children.
- We ensure that the existence of The Clover School is widely advertised in places accessible to all sections of the community.
- Our waiting list is arranged in birth order. In addition, our policy may take into account the following:
- the child with his/her name down on the waiting list;
- children from the local area;
- siblings already attending the setting.
- The Clover School welcomes fathers and mothers, other relations and child minders.
- We treat each child and their family, having regard to their needs arising from their gender, special physical needs, social background, religion, and ethnicity or from English being a newly acquired language.
- We consult with families to ensure we accommodate a broad range of family needs.
- We encourage parents to visit the school with their child before he/she starts and to stay with their child until both are happy about separation during the first few sessions.
- It is a statutory requirement that full details of children are kept on record by The Clover School. These details should include:
a. full name, address and telephone number of parents plus an emergency number;
b. child’s date of birth;
c. record of immunisations and a note of allergies or any other significant health information;
d. parents’ place of work and telephone number plus child minder’s.
e. any other relevant information such as the name and address of the person normally collecting the child from pre-school.
- Parents must complete all relevant enrollment and information forms before their child can enroll at the pre-school. The cost of enrollment is Rs. 1000/- per child. Parents must also provide the child’s original birth certificate, a copy of which is taken and added to the child’s file for reference.
- Where possible, the child’s teacher will be introduced at the time of admission.